- I have not used at all an injectable medication before. How do you get began?
- Do you know the Victoza ® pen needles like?
- How do you take proper care of my Victoza ® pen?
- How can i get help taking my Victoza ® injections?
- How must i store my Victoza ® pen?
- The number of doses of medicine can be found in each Victoza ® pen?
- Indications and Usage
- Important Safety Information (cont’d)
Somebody may want to consider being familiar with Victoza ® . Simply complete all fields below after which undergo share these details.
Please correct the highlighted field(s) below before ongoing.
Your email continues to be sent
If you’d like to talk about this website with another person, click the link.
Have questions regarding the Victoza ® pen?
Learn more about using, take care of, and store Victoza ® , which will come inside a special, prefilled pen.
I have not used at all an injectable medication before. How do you get began?
Lots of people have concerns about using injectable medications to deal with diabetes type 2. However with practice you may make it a part of your health. Speak to your doctor or perhaps a VictozaCare™ Coach about any queries or concerns you might have. There are also solutions to a lot of questions you may have by studying the Medication Guide that is included with your Victoza ® pen. These Instructions to be used and demonstration video will help you be confident about using Victoza ® by demonstrating using your Victoza ® pen the proper way.
These instructions don’t replace speaking together with your doctor or diabetes care team. For those who have additional questions regarding your Victoza ® pen, call a VictozaCare™ Coach at 1-877-905-1126, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to six:00 pm ET.
Do you know the Victoza ® pen needles like?
The NovoFine ® 32G Tip needle is suggested to be used together with your Victoza ® pen. a
NovoFine ® is really a needle that screws tightly to the pen. Most people studied by using this needle experienced little if any discomfort. It’s the thinnest needle from Novo Nordisk that’s available within the U . s . States. The greater the gauge, the thinner the needle. For instance, a 32-gauge needle is thinner than the usual 23-gauge needle.
The NovoFine ® Plus needle may also be used using the Victoza ® pen. This ultra-short, ultra-thin needle is made for less discomfort. It features an ergonomic shape, improved skin contact and grip, enhanced flow rates, and reduced dosage pressure. It is also made to resist bending or breaking.
a Pen needles are offered individually and could need a prescription in certain states.
How do you take proper care of my Victoza ® pen?
Always safeguard your Victoza ® pen from heat and sunlight, and make certain to help keep the cap on whenever your Victoza ® pen is not being used. Make use of a Victoza ® pen for just thirty days it ought to be tossed away after thirty days, even when some medicine is left within the pen. The Victoza ® pen must only be utilized with Novo Nordisk disposable needles. After taking out the needle and discarding it securely, place the cap in your Victoza ® pen and store it with no needle attached. Never attempt to refill your Victoza ® pen—it is prefilled and disposable.
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist to learn more about needles for the Victoza ® pen.
Make sure to browse the Medication Guide that is included with your Victoza ® pen, along with the Instructions to be used to understand more about how you can correctly take care of your Victoza ® pen.
How can i get help taking my Victoza ® injections?
There’s a couple of methods for getting the help you’ll need, including speaking to your medical provider. You may also call a VictozaCare™ Coach. They’re offered at 1-877-905-1126, M–F, 8:30 am to six:00 pm . And you may download the Victoza ® User Guide for complete instructions regarding how to make use of your Victoza ® pen.
How must i store my Victoza ® pen?
Your brand-new, unused Victoza ® pen ought to be kept in the refrigerator at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). If Victoza ® is stored outdoors from the refrigerator (in error) just before first use, it ought to be used or tossed away within thirty days. Victoza ® shouldn’t be frozen.
After first use, store your Victoza ® pen for approximately thirty days at 59°F to 86°F (15°C to 30°C), or perhaps in a fridge at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C).
The number of doses of medicine can be found in each Victoza ® pen?
Your Victoza ® pen contains 18 mg of Victoza ® and can deliver doses of .6 mg, 1.2 mg, or 1.8 mg. The amount of doses that you could take having a Victoza ® pen depends upon the dose of medicine prescribed for you personally. Your medical provider will explain just how much Victoza ® to consider.
Selected Important Safety Information
What is an essential information I ought to learn about Victoza ® ?
Victoza ® could cause serious negative effects, including:
- Possible thyroid tumors, including cancer. Tell your medical provider when you get a lump or swelling inside your neck, hoarseness, trouble swallowing, or difficulty breathing. These could be signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer. In studies with rats and rodents, Victoza ® and medicines that actually work like Victoza ® caused thyroid tumors, including thyroid cancer. It’s not known if Victoza ® may cause thyroid tumors or a kind of thyroid cancer known as medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC) in people.
Who should avoid using Victoza ® ?
Don’t use Victoza ® if:
- you or all of your family have ever endured MTC or you come with an endocrine system condition known as Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia syndrome type 2 (MEN 2).
- you’re allergic to liraglutide or the ingredients in Victoza ® .
Indications and Usage
What’s Victoza ® ?
Victoza ® (liraglutide) injection 1.2 mg or 1.8 mg is definitely an injectable prescription drugs for adults with diabetes type 2 that:
- together with dieting and exercise may improve bloodstream sugar (glucose).
- together with your current strategy to your coronary disease may prevent major cardiovascular occasions for example cardiac arrest, stroke, or dying.
Victoza ® isn’t a replacement for insulin and isn’t to be used in individuals with your body or individuals with diabetic ketoacidosis.
It’s not known if Victoza ® may be used with mealtime insulin.
It’s not known if Victoza ® is effective and safe to be used in youngsters.
Important Safety Information (cont’d)
What must i tell my doctor before using Victoza ® ?
Before using Victoza ® , tell your medical provider should you:
- have and have had issues with your pancreas, kidneys, or liver.
- have other health conditions or severe issues with your stomach, for example slowed emptying of the stomach (gastroparesis) or issues with digesting food.
- are pregnant or breastfeeding or intend to conceive or breastfeed.
Tell your medical provider about all of the medicines you are taking, including prescription and also over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, herbal medicines, along with other medicines to deal with diabetes, including insulin or sulfonylureas.
How must i use Victoza ® ?
- Don’t mix insulin and Victoza ® together within the same injection.
- You might give a shot of Victoza ® and insulin within the same body area (just like your abdomen), although not right alongside one another.
- Don’t share your Victoza ® pen with others, whether or not the needle continues to be altered. You might give others a significant infection, or obtain a serious infection from their store.
Do you know the possible negative effects of Victoza ® ?
Victoza ® could cause serious negative effects, including:
- inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis). Stop using Victoza ® and call your medical provider immediately for those who have severe discomfort inside your abdomen (abdomen) that won’t disappear, without or with vomiting. You might have the discomfort out of your abdomen for your back.
- low bloodstream sugar (hypoglycemia). Your risk to get low bloodstream sugar might be greater if you are using Victoza ® with another medicine that induce low bloodstream sugar, like a sulfonylurea or insulin. Signs and signs and symptoms of low bloodstream sugar can include: dizziness or lightheadedness, blurred vision, anxiety, irritability or mood changes, sweating, slurred speech, hunger, confusion or sleepiness, shakiness, weakness, headache, fast heartbeat, and feeling jittery.
- kidney problems (kidney failure). In those who have kidney problems, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting could cause a loss of revenue of fluids (lack of fluids), which might cause kidney problems to obtain worse.
- serious allergy symptoms. Stop using Victoza ® and obtain medical help immediately for those who have any signs and symptoms of the serious allergic attack, including swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, problems breathing or swallowing, severe rash or itching, fainting or feeling dizzy, or perhaps a very rapid heartbeat.
- gall bladder problems. Gall bladder problems have happened in certain individuals who take Victoza. Inform your doctor immediately when you get signs and symptoms of gall bladder problems which might include discomfort within the right or middle upper abdomen, fever, vomiting and nausea, or perhaps your skin or even the white-colored a part of your vision turns yellow.
The most typical negative effects of Victoza ® can include nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, decreased appetite, indigestion, and constipation.
Victoza ® is really a prescription medicine.
Please call 1-866-310-7549 to understand more about Novo Nordisk assistance programs.
You ought to report gloomy results of prescription medications towards the Food and drug administration. Visit www.food and drug administration.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-Food and drug administration-1088.
Cornerstones4Care ® , NovoFine ® , NovoTwist ® , and Victoza ® are registered trademarks and VictozaCare™ is really a trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Novo Nordisk is really a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.
Other trademarks, registered or unregistered, belong to their particular proprietors.
© 2018 Novo Nordisk All legal rights reserved. US18VZ00144 September 2018
After you are departing the Novo Nordisk US affiliate site.
Novo Nordisk isn’t accountable for the information from the site you’re going to visit.