Pointed Brush Lettering for novices
Sitting, November 10, 10:00am – 4:00pm
4 people saved these kinds
What you’ll learn within this calligraphy & hands lettering class:
Discover the elegant art of contemporary, western brush lettering within this popular eventually workshop. The emphasis is going to be on lounging a powerful foundation and understanding the initial facets of writing having a pointed brush marker. We’ll start with individual strokes, and make upon these to form significant, stylish letterforms, numerals and punctuation. Because the day progresses we’ll make our way from single letters to dynamic, brush-lettered words, phrases and quotes. Along the way of learning we’ll also test out letter variations and connectors, consider using a couple of simple design techniques, and examine inspiring works of brush lettering art.
Whether you’re a rank beginner or curently have some calligraphy experience beneath your belt, “Pointed Brush Lettering for Beginners” can help you gain helpful lettering skills plus a thorough knowledge of the necessities of pointed brush writing.
Use that which you learn within this workshop like a jumping-off point for creating your individual brush-lettering style, and also to make handmade cards, signs, logos, monograms, patterns, plus much more. No previous lettering or calligraphy experience essential to participate.
Please provide class:
- Two Tombow Dual Brush Pens (or whatever get you noticed may curently have on hands as lengthy because they are similar in dimensions and versatility towards the Tombow): 1 black 1 grey — offered at Blick Art stores or online.
- Marker Layout Pad ( minimum 9” x 12”) Please choose either:
- Borden and Riley Boris Marker Layout pad, 9 X 12, 50 sheets, or….
- Bienfang Graphics 360 Marker Pad, 9 x 12, 50 sheets
Important Miscellaneous Products:
- 12”–18” Ruler
- 2H Pencil
- White-colored Vinyl Eraser: Alvin Erase-Obvious Staedtler Mars Plastic, or similar
- Scotch brand removable tape (blue label)
- A summary of words, phrases and short quotes that suit your needs
- Optional Products for Playtime allowing:
- Gel Pens for example Sakura Gelly Roll (recommended brand, but use that which you like or that which you dress in hands)
- Uni-ball Signo UM 153 White-colored gel pen (wonderful opacity)
Materials can be found at local art/craft supply stores, or online.
- No refunds unless of course the category is solvent.
- No refunds unless of course we are able to replace you with someone around the waitlist.
- Please tell us of cancellations as quickly as possible we’ll do our best to refund the charge (minus $20 processing).
Start Dates (1)
Society of Scribes
214 E 21st St
Btwn second & 3rd Avenues
New You are able to, New You are able to 10010 Gramercy, Manhattan
214 E 21st St
Btwn second & 3rd Avenues
New You are able to, New You are able to 10010
Advantages of Booking Through CourseHorse
Get quick solutions from CourseHorse and past students.
Reviews of Classes at Society of Scribes
Individuals who viewed these kinds also viewed the next classes
School: Society of Scribes
The Society fosters the appreciation, understanding and acceptance of calligraphy like a art work. Additionally, it encourages.
This school continues to be carefully vetted by CourseHorse and it is a verified New york city educator.
Have a friend who wish these kinds although not certain of their schedule? (We advise this!)
Know their schedule much better than your personal? Book a time and date directly.
Possess a question in regards to a cancellation or refund?
We’d like to help.
Want help locating a class?
Get in contact.
Have it first. Join up-to-the-minute offers, sales and news.
More in Printing
We provide you with 5% in rewards for each dollar allocated to classes!
After you have $5 in reward points, you are able to apply them like a discount on future orders.